Built in 1925-26 as the
Blaine Street Theatre, The Strand re-opened on April 4, 1997 after being closed for many years. The movie house closed in
the early 50's and it's floor was then made level allowing the roller skating rink to be moved from the third floor to the
first. The Strand now houses The Strand Roller Rink, Center Stage Dance Studio, The Strand R/C Raceway and a couple apartments.